This simple tomato recipe is so incredibly adaptable you can add it to just about anything. Use it as a vegetable a bit like a ratatouille, as a pasta sauce or as a bake with some other vegetables and melted cheese on top. I love to leave out the balsamic vinegar and add some sliced chorizo or if I don’t have any to hand some chilli powder just to spice it up.
- 4 large beef tomatoes roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon of tomato purée
- 1 red onion finely sliced
- 3 cloves of garlic finely sliced
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- sea salt and pepper
- drizzle of balsamic vinegar