This soup can really be made with any type of squash or why not pumpkin. Roasting the squash or pumpkin before adding to the soup really changes the taste and there isn’t any work involved apart from putting a tray in the oven!
- 2 leeks, washed, trimmed and sliced thinly into rounds
- 1/2 roughly chopped red onion
- 1.5kg butternut squash peeled and cut into chunks
- 1.5ltr vegetable or chicken stock (great if you can make your own)
- freshly ground black pepper
- 150g smoked bacon, cut into lardons (cubes)