Most people will have heard of an apple or pear tart tatin the very traditional French dessert but a savoury taste tatin is just as simple to make and can be served hot or cold, as a starter or as a light lunch.
There are a couple of cheats options which is perfect if you are short of time and nothing to be ashamed about. It wouldn’t be a SBJ recipe if you absolutely had to spend hours in the kitchen would it!!
You could make your own puff pastry but hey, buy a just roll or equivalent and instead of roasting your own peppers you can buy them either in a jar or from most deli counters if you like.
- 1 x bought packet of puff pastry
- 6 peppers (2 red, 2 green, 2 yellow) or alternatively in a jar or from the deli counter
- 2 red onions finely chopped
- 50g of pitted black olives
- 30g of butter
- 20g golden caster sugar
- a soft cheese of your choice (optional)
- 1 beaten egg yolk