This perfect dip or light lunch on toast takes minutes to make and can be made in advance.
Spread on toast with a slice of crispy bacon on top and served as a light summers lunch perhaps with a green salad.
- 300g standard white mushrooms
- splash of olive oil
- 1 crushed garlic clove or 1 teaspoon of my previously mentioned roasted garlic purée
- 1 dessert spoon of mixed dried herbs
- 50g of pancetta or smoked bacon roughly chopped into small pieces
- 30g of any soft spreading cheese like a Philadelphia or light goats cheese