A chicken tajine is the perfect meal that can be prepared in advance.
A hot main course yet not a heavy dish with a creamy sauce.
- chicken breasts, thighs or wings which ever you prefer and enough for the number of people you are cooking for
- 1 red, yellow and green pepper finely sliced
- 10 halved dried apricots
- 10 halved prunes (stones removed)
- 4 fresh figs quartered, can use dried figs if fresh aren’t available
- 1/2 a sliced preserved lemon
- 200g halved cherry tomatoes
- 12 green stoned olives
- 3 dessert spoons of cumin powder or tajine mix
- splash of olive oil
- a small glass of water
- A hand full of roasted almonds